What Is Lotus Root? Lotus root is the root of the lotus flower, which is an aquatic plant of the Nelumbonaceae family. The lotus flower has been a powerful element of numerous Asian countries for thousands of years and represents purity, innocence, and divine beauty. It is […]
日复日，月复月，年复年，每一天都很专注的做好同样的一件事情，对很多人来说，是枯燥而乏味的， 但对我来说，是欢喜又期待的。 我为自己取名“绿色意识烘培师傅“，从事纯素慢食净食面包烘焙的工作已有十五年吧。 每一天的凌晨四时是我一日之始。推开窗子，若是满月日，月光柔和而圆满，又是充满期待的一天； 若是新月日，伴在月亮旁边的星星就太耀眼了。 盥洗后，把前一晚的糙米剩饭，放入陶锅，加水和一小片昆布，用慢火熬粥。 粥在熬煮的当儿，是静心的时间，动禅操后，盘腿禅坐和礼忏约莫一个时辰。 起座后，是阅读时间。下来准备早餐。 每一日的早餐是清粥配三，四品小菜，这是我几十年来的养生食。 从冰箱取出小菜，一口一口的咀嚼，是再幸福不过的事情了。 粥要熬至出“油”才算是好粥。出“油”的意思是粥要熬到浓稠的状态。 处理了家务事，就摸黑步行去烘焙坊，路程约莫十分钟。有星辰月光和偶尔的雨水陪伴，是爽心悦事。 在小而美的烘焙坊里，把前一日发酵好的各式面团和了水，盐和麦粉，搓揉至光滑待用。装面团用的桶子，加水发酵一阵子， 是坊外迷你垂直草药菜圃的饮用水。每日的面团包括全麦，黑麦，薏米，荞麦，糙米等。我的师傅是德国人，叫汉斯彼得，素食者，是德国环保绿色面包师傅。面包，糕点和饼干用煤气烘焙，因为烘烤出来的面包会散发稳定的能量。 时间到了，把面团切割成大，小团子，捏成各式形状和个性，喷雾水把面团润湿，待发酵。这时把煤气烤炉里的石板预热，因为是石板，所以预热费时。 在等待的当儿，开始准备糕点饼干烘培，它们的特征是不含蛋，牛奶，牛油或玛卡琳，蔗糖或精白糖，反式脂肪，防腐，色素或其它化学添加。甜味来自米饴，果干，薏米饴，甜菜等。糕点自然的风格和魅力，需要时间考验和印证。从实验，试吃，误点改良，唉声叹气到现在的信心满满，已历时23年。每一口，每一口细细咀嚼，是天下美味。每一日糕点样式不一，种类繁多，也会令人赞叹。比如提拉米苏，巧克力双层糕，斑兰夹心寒天糕，黑芝麻双层糕，豆腐芝士糕，红萝卜糕豆奶油糕，小米甜甜圈，蒸米糕，木薯糕，馒头，包子，花卷，娘惹小巧糕点，日式点心，西式点心小品等等。 团团快乐指数很高的面团，因为手作，各自发挥不同的个性，充满生命力，也极为可爱。面团发酵已好就入烤箱烘培。时间一到，阵阵面包香扑鼻来，这叫生命面包，闻着闻着，就笑了。 秉持正食的一物全体和身土不二的理念做面包，番薯面包或萝卜糕内皆含皮纤维。收集了面包屑，面粉碎等厨余，存入堆肥桶发酵。几个月后，就是菜圃的好食物。 烘培工作结束后，是休息时间，喝一杯白浪草本咖啡，品尝一个娘惹“噗噜“， 幸福感觉洋溢。午餐时间定在十一点半。 接下来，开始准备明早面团发酵面种。把快乐因子融入工作中，不知时日已过。一日工作结束时间约莫下午三点。忙得欢喜也忙得开心。 有规律的生活方式，心会比较安定。用手和动手料理食物，脑部倍增活力。 很珍惜每一天踏实开心的工作日子。 林孝云 E:firstname.lastname@example.org 23-4-16
I learn cooking from my mother who was a great intuitive Nyonya Cook. I have fond memory of her steaming rice cakes with a wood fire stove and the aroma of steamed rice cake with taro yam permeated the air. Here is the old-fashion steamed rice cake to share with you. Hope you enjoy with a happy and grounded mood.
Steamed brown rice cake with taro yam
Taro Yam 700g
Brown rice cooking oil 2 tablespoons
Cambodian Long grain brown rice, cooked 450g
Radiant Activated garbanzo beans, cooked 45g
950ml-1L filtered water
Unsui Corn starch 65g
Unsui Jyoshinko rice flour 100g
Radiant Brown rice flour 200g
Unsui pure Kombu shiitake dashi powder 10g
Unsui Macrobiotic Sea Salt 8g
Unsui freshly crushed pepper powder ¼ teaspoon
Unsui Vegan sambal chili paste
Unsui pure sesame oil, toasted
Radiant peanuts with skin, toasted and chopped
Unsui Nori strips
Optional: Chopped and toasted garlic or shallots
- Peel Taro, cut into 1cm cubes. Cooking in warm brown rice oil for 5-8 minutes until slightly translucent. Add a pinch of sea salt. Mix well. Remove from fire, let cool.
- Add water to the cooked brown rice and garbanzo, puree in a blender until smooth. Add brown rice flour, corn starch, Jyoshinko rice flour, and the seasoning. Mix well. Transfer to a ceramic earthen pot. Cook until puree appears thick and heavy, about 70% cooked. Stir while cooking.
- Transfer to a glass container, level the surface with a spatula moistened with water. Steam over rapid boiling water for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- Serve with toasted chopped peanut, sambal chili and drizzle with toasted sesame oil, nori strips and garnish with coriander leaves.
By June Ka Lim, macrobiotic vegan chef
Copyrights reserved 2015
- Taro yam grows at higher altitude, it is drier and contains less carbohydrates and more Yang in energy. It is helpful in healing inflammation of internal organs.
- Macrobiotic sea salt is dried under the sun and washed, hence contains less minerals than grey sea salt. As such macrobiotic sea salt is less burdening on the kidneys.
- Adding garbanzo beans to the cooked brown rice creates a complete protein combination.
- Unsui sambal is prepared with okara (organic soybean puree), shiro miso, shoyu, macrobiotic sea salt, herbs and spices. This combination creates a neutral and slightly Yin characteristics.
- Instead of taro, daikon radish or even carrot could be added for different energy and tastes.
Almond ginger milk
We have some good quality organic almonds arriving from Europe. They were then activated and peeled. I made almond milk once a week with different flavours, hmm.., it tasted so good and refreshing. Try the chilled one, it is soothing in this hot weather.
I do not go for store-bought almond milk or almond powder as they always seem emitting an offensive odour.
Here is the recipe to share with you.
Organic almond 100g
Filtered water 400g
Fresh organic ginger root 3 slices
Macrobiotic sea salt 1 pinch
- Soak almond milk with enough filtered water overnight.
- Drain & rinse under running water. Add 400g filtered water and puree them in a blender for about 1 minute together with the ginger.
- Pour into a stainless steel pot, bring to a boil and stir a few times. Add sea salt.
- Let cool. Transfer to a cotton bag, and squeeze out the milk.
- If you like a creamy consistency, you could add a pinch of organic guar gum to the cold almond milk and mix well. There is no need to add sugar to the almond milk and it tasted sweet naturally.
You could add organic matcha green tea powder, organic carob powder or even organic toasted soy powder or activated brown rice powder for different flavours to suit different moods. Half a teaspoon of organic ginger powder could be used instead if you do not have fresh ginger.
You could add the almond spent to pancake, cookies or bread.
By June Ka Lim
Macrobiotic vegan chef
17 Feb 2016
The post Refreshing and Healthy Drink Recipe – Almond ginger milk appeared first on Healthy Food Malaysia – macrobiotics malaysia.
For most people the immune system quietly hums away keeping potential invaders at bay as well as acting as an internal cleaner of sorts and providing a kind of interior information super highway alongside the nervous system. At times though the immune system can get out of control and begin to attack the body itself. This happens because the immune system has somehow identified a part of the body as foreign and requiring expulsion. Conditions resulting are known as autoimmune diseases and they include rheumatoid arthritis, type I diabetes, and allergies. Now a new study has shown that green tea may help relieve these autoimmune conditions. Your immune system is made of many different cells, each with a different but largely interrelated role. The key to it all is attacking invading organisms without attacking your body’s own cells. There are some cells in your immune system that exist to turn off the immune system, including some known as “regulatory T cells”. The number and function of these regulatory T cells is controlled by other biochemicals.
In this new study researchers examined the action of a compound from green tea called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) that is thought to have both antiinflammatory and anti-cancer activities.
In this study the researchers found that EGCG caused an increased production of regulatory T cells. They believe that it is doing this not by altering DNA but by changing which gene codes are expressed and therefore which cells in the immune system are “turned on”.
Mice given EGCG show significantly increased numbers of regulatory T cells in the spleen and lymph nodes.
In conventional treatment of autoimmune conditions, drugs that will suppress the immune system are often used but they can have significant side-effects. While the effects of EGCG were not as potent as those drugs, there are few concerns about the long term use of EGCG or any toxicity. The researchers believe that these actions of EGCG make it, and green tea as a food, of probable benefit in autoimmune disorders.
Source: Immunology Letters
Woods carries a variety of organic macrobiotic green tea for your enjoyment:
Sencha green tea, toasted hojicha green tea, bancha twig tea, kukicha twig stem
tea, baby bancha tea.
For further enquiries, contact:
Woods Bangsar Tel: 03-22870959
Woods SS2: Tel: 03-79600260
www.macrobiotics-malaysia.com E: email@example.com
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Organic kukicha twig tea grade A
Oshawa organic mugi cha toasted barley tea
Unsui organic matcha green tea powder, premium grade